Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Day Off From Unpacking...

Sorry for the long wait...been REALLY busy unpacking and getting settled as quickly as possible! I know that sounds unobtainable with two kids but I am pretty surprised at how fast I have unpacked our house. It will be on week this past Thursday that we have been in the house and all the boxes are unpacked and everything put away...with the exception of the office; Brian just painted that room and is unpacking now.
Last Monday I decided I needed to get together with my friends and enjoy the Fall weather before it passes by. So we all met up at Crooked Run Orchard in Purcelville for some apple picking and a sack lunch. We got there around 10am and then ate lunch on the picnic table. It didn't take us long to pick...none of us wanted to take too many apples home in fear of letting them go bad. I was going to make my favorite pumpkin apple pie and leave a few for eating and at $1/lb you can't beat that! It was great seeing everyone and taking a breather from moving and unpacking!!! THANK YOU ladies for a great time!


Kaden admiring the pumpkins....I think he wanted all of them.



Aria having fun looking at all the neat shapes of ghourdes.



Aria and Karis cleaning the ghourdes for the orchard owner....they just started doing that on their own. They saw a bucket of water and some dirty ghourdes so off to work they went. The owner gave them each a free ghourde for their hard work! Way to go girls:-)



All of us heading toward the Braeburn apples; Connie, Anne, and Kelly.



Aria hanging out in the tree...she gets that from me:-) I was climbing the trees as their were not many apples left so leave it to Mom to save the day!



Ahhh finally lunch...we were all starving after the long walk to the trees. But it paid off! Anne, Aria and Karis.



Kelly feeding Lydia with Connie's help:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment