Saturday, November 28, 2009

I Met The World Famous Lipizanners!

Ok so some of you can't pronounce that last word in my post heading but that doesn't matter...if you really want to know I will tell you what my Dad always told me: "Go look it up in the dictionary:-)" The World Famous Lipizzaners came to town and my mother in law, Barbara, bought Aria and I tickets to go see them!! Thanks Mom! They were at George Mason University which is less than 30 minutes from us.

It was a great show, but for those that are not equine enthusiast such as myself I can see how it can be a little boring. It was very informative with a great narrator whom went through all the neat facts about the breed, the Austrian heritage that these horses have, and the basics of the art of Dressage. Aria liked watching the horses but after awhile I could tell she would have had more fun if she could go pet them or even ride them. Maybe another time...if you ever get a chance to see the show go see it. Even if you are not crazy about horses there is a lot neat history about the horse and the schooling of these horses that originated in Austria.


First Lipizzaner to come out for National Anthem.

Introduction of all the stallions.



One rider showing the audience classic dressage movements...while a man narrated what he was doing which was pretty cool.



This stallion was getting ready to do the courbette which is when the horse balances on the hind legs and then jumps, keeping the hind legs together and the forelegs off the ground.



This stallion was doing the mezair which is when they rear up with forward motion.



This was an Andalucian stallion...I LOVE the mane and tail on these horses.



At the end they all came out for one last ovation.

No comments:

Post a Comment