Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Met Giada!!!

Yes, I am not normally one to care about celebrities but Giada de Laurentiis is my favorite Italian cook. I don't watch the show too often but when I do I am always surprised at how easy her recipes are and then after I make the recipe I find that they are also DELICIOUS!

I was reading her blog on her website and it mentioned that she had a book signing in D.C. at the Washington Metropolitan Cooking Show so of course I had to buy a ticket! Rarely do I treat myself to anything these days...even a cookbook! So I splurged and spent the $36...was that ok? I guess Mommy can do something for her self every now and then:-)

It was great, well not the 1.5 hour wait to finally get to her and the getting lost in the convention center which made me one of the last in line. Owell. So I waited and waited. She seemed very nice to all of her fans and even let everyone take a picture with her. It was worth the trip and I had her sign the book to myself and Aria. Aria was suppose to go with me but since I was not feeling all that great Brian took the kids for the day so I could rest. So here I was finally got to meet her....thanks Giada!


1 comment: