This was the site this morning out the front door; which I slowly opened so the snow wouldn't crash in the house! So sirene, quite, and beautiful with the sunrise in the background. It was a normal morning....airplanes taking off at regular time:-) Yep that is my alarm clock these days. It's not loud but it's the first ring to my ears at 6-6:30am. I can't imagine what Dulles Airport was like yesterday; all flights cancelled in and out. I didn't measure the snow yet but I am going to guess we got at least 3'.
We all woke up, had breakfast and outside we went. As you will see the kids were properly attired this time! We don't normally get snow this early in the winter so I was caught off gaurd. I guess next year I will learn my lesson and be better prepared and have all that stuff on hand after Thanksgiving.
It was fun, Kaden really liked being pulled on the sled. Aria enjoyed just being outside. And poor Daddy was stuck shoveling the whole time as you can see. I told him to go snowboarding but he has a feeling the slopes are going to be packed today so probably best to go after the rush. I think he is right. It's so pretty, I love it and I am thankful that God tossed this beautiful blanket of snow just in time for Christmas Day!
Looking out the front door.

This was actually taken last night...Daddy shoveled the driveway twice during the snowfall. Good thing because it sure made it easier for him to finish it this morning.

Side view of house. The drywall guys were scheduled to work today but we were not sure if they were going to make it and they did! So they are working hard right now.

Aria dressed in her new suit. I went to the thrift store but there were none left in her size. But I did find Kaden a nice LL Bean one so I saved on that one:-)

Front of the house as we passed on our little morning walk.

Looking down the court.

Kaden in his new outfit in the sled.

Aria doing her snow angel...
No comments:
Post a Comment