Wednesday, December 23, 2009

WOW....Is All I Can Say

OK I am really liking Giada's new cookbook...I just made two recipes from the book for dinner last night and all that came out of all of our mouths was "WOW." And although Kaden can't talk he ate all his orzo! So I decided to make the Chicken Scaloppine with Saffron Cream Sauce. Oh my gosh this was delicious! I wish I had more sauce I would be drizzling it on everything. And the saffron threads add a very nice taste to it all.

I did not find the recipe online so if you want it, of course I would suggest buying the book, or just email me and I will gladly forward it to you. I made a side salad and of course we used up more of the Ciabatta bread that I bought. We all had seconds on the orzo and we had left over sauce so we poured that on over the orzo....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm SO GOOD. Must I say anymore? Hope you get a chance to make this one.



Saffron threads are in the spice isle. They are the most expensice spice in the world; and trust me after you try this recipe you will know why. And also due to the fact that it takes 14,000 threads to make one ounce. And each crocus flower, where it derives, yields 3 of those threads. So do the math and it takes 5,000 crocuses to yield one ounce of this amazing spice!



I did my shopping at Wegmans of course and I was directed to this cheap dry white wine as a great cooking wine. It was $5! And yes I tried it, and I have to say it was very smooth and delicious....if I wasn't pregnant I probably would have drank half the bottle:-)



Up close of the saffron threads.



THE SAUCE.....




Dinner....I know the picutre does no justification but all I can say it we ALL LOVED IT.



This is my favorite salad; baby spinach with tomatoes topped with sea salt, olive oil, and fresh parmesan. I buy the orange, red, and yellow tomatoes and alternate it's a great way to get a variety of veggies in our diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment