As if I am not already tired by trying to get all my Christmas gifts together so I can ship them to CA in time....I decided to make a complete mess of my kitchen and let the kids have some sugary floury fun! Oh and they did. It was cool. I have not made sugar cookies in SO long but I was in the holiday cheer and thought it would be great fun for my kids and my neighbors kids.
We had Elise and Harrison join us to help make the cookies. Their mom was home with her other two kids but was able to join us for the fun part of decorating! Thanks Theresa...we had a lot of fun! I found this
sugar cookie recipe by doing an extensive search on the best recipe and IT WAS THE BEST I have ever had. Then I found this
icing recipe and thought it was the BEST too. I am not a fan of sugar cookies, because the one's I have had were too hard and I HATE hard cookies:-) So now I have a rekindled my likeness for sugar cookies, oh boy these are SO good. Sorry but I would love to share them with you....guess you have to make them for yourself now:-)
I rolled out the dough and the kids took off cutting....

I really watched the cookies, so they wouldn't burn or even slightly brown I think that is what made them so great.

Kaden ready to take over....

Harrison, Aria and Elise...we are so lucky to have such great neighbors!

Kaden trying to do some cutting.

As you can see everytime I rolled the dough out everyone was so excited to start cutting. Good job kids!

Kaden, when I wasn't looking, managed to grab a ball of dough and shoved it in his mouth!!!

Ta Da! OK they may look like a bunch of icing and sprinkles ran into each other but let me tell you they were so delicious I couldn't get my hands off them:-)
Haha how cute! You must enjoying being a mother! = )
ReplyDelete